2018 Lisbon, Portugal
Workshop Lisbon 2018
See the workshop website
ICAMT WORKSHOP – PORTUGAL – LISBON – LUSÓFONA UNIVERSITY OF HUMANITIES AND TECHNOLOGY – JANUARY 29th, 30th, 31st – 2018.
The ICAMT Lisbon 2018 Workshop links Architecture with Museology specifically focusing on museum techniques, community museums, and energy and sustainability.
It is intended for students and professionals in architecture, engineering, museology, plastic arts, curatorship, design and related areas.
It will analyze methodological, conceptual and technical issues related to the role of architecture in the implementation of museological projects, focusing on contemporary museographic techniques, the role of community museums in 21st century society and the need to use renewable energies, contributing to the sustainability of museums.
The Workshop aims to bring to the discussion these three thematic axes contributing to enrich and consolidate the good practices of museums, professional appreciation and the relationship between museums and society.
Proposals for communications are accepted for the thematic axes of the workshop:
1. Museographic techniques – role of architecture:
· In times of financial crisis and low budgets in museums, how architecture can produce museographic solutions that are both low-cost and effective in communication;
· Intelligent use of information technology in museographic techniques.
2. Role of community museums in the 21st century:
· Community Museums in the digital society of the 21st century;
· Community museums and the current society of mass migrations;
· The responsibility, innovation and creativity of architecture in small museums;
3. Renewable energies and museum sustainability:
· To make the renewable energies available, what are the best solutions for sustainability in its various aspects, applied to museums;
· Inclusion of home automation in museums.
Language of communication: English, Portuguese, or Spanish
Deadline for abstract submissions: December 15
Communication of acceptance: December 30
Abstract in English up to 500 maximum words for individual/co-authored papers
Send to email: email@example.com
· Workshop Registration: 40 €
Bank transfer to IBAN:
NIB: 00330000 00192237511 05
IBAN PT50 00330000 00192237511 05
Please send the confirmation of the payment to: firstname.lastname@example.org
· Scientific Commission:
· Jean Hilgersom
· Alessandra Labate Rosso
· Nana Meparishvili
· Manuel Furtado Mendes
· Mário Moutinho
· Judite Primo
· Aida Rechena
· Executive Commission
· Departamento de Museologia da ULHT