2017 Flanders, Belgium
2017 FLANDERS, September 14-15-16
This year the European conference is in Flanders, Belgium. The Flemish Region is the Northern portion of Belgium. Flanders has figured prominently in European history. During the late Middle Ages, cities such as Ghent, Bruges, Antwerp and Brussels made it one of the richest and most urbanized parts of Europe.
As a consequence, a very sophisticated culture developed, with impressive achievements in the arts and architecture, rivaling those of northern Italy.
During the conference we will visit 4 historic cities in three days:
Brussels Leuven Mechelen Antwerp
The organisation of the conference is in cooperation with ICOM Belgium and FARO, Flemish interface centre for cultural heritage.
REGISTRATION The conference is fully booked it is not possible to register for the conference any more, if you register your name will be on the waiting list.
If you have questions regarding the conference, please, contact ICAMT or FARO
These are the working visits we have planned:
- Tervuren: Royal Museum for Central Africa (2)
– this museum is being renovated and extended
- Leuven: Museum M, art museum (3)
– new exhibition of the permanent collection
- Mechelen: Hof van Busleyden, city museum (4)
– this is a new city museum that is under construction
- Mechelen: Dossin Kazerne, Holocaust and Human Rights Museum (5)
– this (new) museum opened in 2012 and will be extended
- Antwerp: M HKA, Museum of Contemporary Art (6)
– this museum is partly renovated and will be renovated further in the coming years
- Antwerp: Museum of Silversmithing, Jewellery and Diamonds (DIVA) (7)
– this museum is under construction; existing historical buildings are being reused