February 27, 2020
ICAMT ONLINE CONFERENCE – 2020 | CALL FOR PAPERS | Conference
ICAMT planned to organize its Annual Conference in Porto at the beginning of October 2020. Unfortunately, the Covid-19 pandemic hit the globe. The situation is serious and many countries announced long-term precautions and restrictions.
In this situation, ICAMT decided to organize an ICAMT Online Conference on October 7-8, 2020.
ICAMT members and others with an interest in museum architecture and exhibition techniques are kindly invited to join. Each presentation will have 10 minutes of available time.
Session 1 – Architecture and Exhibit Design
Ongoing or/and new projects, with the accent on:
Sustainability, inclusiveness (of special/disabled audiences), accessibility, public facilities, etc.
Ongoing or/and new projects with the accent on:
Re-use, recycling, temporary exhibition fittings, circulation, lightening etc.
Session 2 – New Challenges:
Share of experiences regarding:
- Interaction of museum architecture and security in time of crisis
- Museum spaces – do we need to re-think?
- Museum maintenance
- Social Distancing
- A new scenario for visitors circulation
- Museum communication (access, number of visitors and other aspects, related to architecture)
- Digitalization, virtualization and BIM systems and other tools of the virtual reality
- Museum life while closed to the audience
- The input of “traditional” museum architecture and exhibition design in the process of transition (from a physical experience to a virtual one)
Deadline for Abstract Submission – July 31, 2020
Notification of Abstract Acceptance – August 30, 2020
Online Conference – October 7-8, 2020
Possible Digital Platform – Will be provided Later
Full paper submission – October 31, 2020
In case of interest, please, send your abstract not later then July 31, 2020 to firstname.lastname@example.org